Sunday, March 26, 2006

Liverpool boss Benitez stands by Defoe claims

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez stands by his claims that Tottenham tried to sell them Jermain Defoe in January.

"The problem is that the Tottenham chairman is not professional, but I am professional," said the Spaniard after yesterday's exciting derby win.
"If you read in the papers last month you can see who first started talking about Cisse, who started talking about Defoe and Saha.
"The problem is I have a good memory and he cannot remember when he talks with agents about these things.
"But I can remember and I have talked to agents and they tell me what has been said.
"He talks with the agents and afterwards he cannot remember, but I remember because I am professional and he is not professional.
"I talk with agents and they tell me a lot of things, but he cannot remember what was said.
"He must think about what he said to agents. That is all I want to say, it is very clear."