Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Viduka keeps options open

Middlesbrough striker Mark Viduka has admitted he is keeping his options over his future open.
The Australian international has hinted he could move on in the summer in the search of regular first team football.
Viduka has recently won his place back in the starting line-up after playing second fiddle to Yakubu Aiyegbeni and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink earlier this season.
Reports from his native Australia have linked Viduka with a move away from Middlesbrough and the former Celtic and Leeds hit-man will consider his future at the end of the season.
"I'm contracted for another year but obviously I want to be playing football," said Viduka.
"To be honest, I don't know where that came from in the Aussie media but we'll have to wait and see.
"I'm a professional. I do my job every time I go on the pitch and give my best - that's all I can do."