Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Bolton's Stelios desperate for Liverpool move

Stelios Giannakopoulos has rocked Bolton Wanderers by admitting he wants to join Liverpool.

Stelios said: "I would give everything to go to Liverpool.
"That's my dream. Not only to go to Liverpool but, in general, to go to a bigger team.
"Then I would say that I have reached the peak of my career.
"That's my vision and I am working hard every week to make Liverpool or any big team chase my signature.
"I've become more stubborn since last season when I didn't go to Liverpool, although their official proposal gave me moral satisfaction."
The winger's comments are sure to alert Benitez, who believes it is his side's lack of width that has contributed to Liverpool's goalscoring problems since he became manager at Anfield two years ago.