Monday, March 27, 2006

Ancelotti admits regret selling Henry to Arsenal

AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti admits he gaffed selling Thierry Henry while in charge of Juventus.

He told The Sun: "I think about that sometimes now, of course."
But for Ancelotti's blunder, Henry could have been turning out in tomorrow's Champions League quarter-final first-leg clash AGAINST the Gunners.
The French star, now 28, fell out of favour with Ancelotti - now boss at AC Milan - but was rescued by Gunners boss Arsene Wenger.
Now Ancelotti admits he did not spot Henry's talent before he was sold on.
He said: "Arsene Wenger turned him into one of the world's best strikers.
"The only error I made was not to see him immediately as a striker.
"I only had three months coaching Henry. I saw he had talent but he was playing as a wide midfielder. Personally, I wouldn't have let him go if it had been down to me alone."