Wednesday, June 14, 2006

German star Klose ready to dump homeland Poland


Germany striker Miroslav Klose won't bat an eyelid should his goals dump Poland out of the World Cup tonight.

Klose was born in Poland, along with teammate Lukas Podolski, but said: "On the pitch Poland doesn't matter to me. I am German and playing for Germany and will be fiercely loyal to the Germany team.
"It is not an average game for me as I am from Poland - but I represent Germany and we want to win this game."
Werder Bremen striker Klose was born in the Polish town of Oppeln. He insisted: "I like Poland and the Polish people. My aunt and uncle live there.
"But I came to Germany at the age of eight and met my first friends here. I used to play football with them and was just a bit better than the others.
"Whenever we played a match I was always the first one to be picked and it helped me to make a lot of friends."