Thursday, June 22, 2006

McBride on De Rossi elbow: I've copped worse!


USA warrior Brian McBride has shrugged off being battered by Italy's Daniele De Rossi on Saturday night - because he's received worse!

The battered USA hitman copped an elbow in the face against Italy on Saturday which left him with a bloody face and three stitches.
But for a man with six titanium plates in his head, a bit of needlework would not have bothered him.
Fulham ace McBride, 34, said: "I felt the pressure when Daniele De Rossi hit me but I didn't know whether it was bleeding or swelling.
"It didn't affect me. You've got to believe you can still win the ball. Apart from not being afraid we also have good doctors!
"Playing as a target man you know what to expect. I've broken my cheekbone three times and had plastic surgery twice."