Thursday, June 22, 2006

Liverpool's Hamann goes back on Bolton deal


Liverpool midfielder Didi Hamann has pulled out of a move to Bolton Wanderers.

The Sun says Hamann signed a legal document confirming his intention to quit Liverpool but changed his mind, claiming his wife was unhappy about it.
Now Bolton are ready to come down heavy and demand the former German international, 32, either sticks to his agreement or buys out his contract - which could cost him £3million.
Last week the player admitted: "My heart is with Liverpool but I have to consider what I've been told and do what's right.
"The decision to sell me has not entirely come as a shock to me but deciding whether to go or not is very hard for me."
This is the second successive season Hamann has let down Bolton.
He was all set to join after Liverpool won the Champions League in 2005 but he took up Anfield's offer of a one-year contract extension.