Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Ribery: I'm leaving Marseille


Manchester United target Franck Ribery has declared he wants to leave Marseille after the World Cup for Gerard Houllier's Lyon.

United had a £9 million offer for Ribery rejected last month and the France international told Le Parisien yesterday: "Lyon is clearly my priority for next season. My wish is not to stay with OM next season. I aspire to play at a European level. I was ready to do it with OM, which is a club who have helped me reach my dreams. But OM can no longer today offer sporting guarantees in the short and medium term.
"OM also knows that it could, thanks to my transfer, make a lot of money.
"I did not cost anything in transfer fees, it would be a good operation and a just reward. Too many things changed at OM. The departure of the coach really shook me."