Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Everton boss delighted with Van der Meyde commitment


Everton boss Dave Moyes is delighted Andy van der Meyde has declared he wants to stay at Goodison Park.

Moyes said: "I want him to stay and I want to see him get fit. He is a player who looks like he can get you a goal or create something out of nothing."
Moyes did concede that he was disappointed with the manner in which the Dutch international began his Everton career.
"I think we were all disappointed," Moyes told evertonfc.com, "I was upset and so was Andy. We were frustrated because we had brought him here to play and know he's got something. He has fantastic ability.
"He's a good lad, with a real good character. We spoke at the end of last season and he was honest with me, as I was with him. He knew he hadn't performed as we'd hoped and he was so frustrated with his injuries."