Friday, June 16, 2006

T&T defender Sancho: Crouch was all over me


Trinidad & Tobago defender Brett Sancho claims he was "definitely" fouled by Peter Crouch before the striker scored England's opening goal.
Crouch's header set England on the way to their 2-0 win.

Images broadcast on German television appeared to show Crouch tugging Sancho's dreadlocks before heading home David Beckham's cross.
The Gillingham man said: "The first goal was definitely a foul by Crouch. He was all over my back."
Sancho added: "We are gutted, just gutted with the result. It was really heart-wrenching. The second goal (from Steven Gerrard) came when they hit us on the break as we tried to get back - but the first one was the crucial one so late in the game and I was fouled.
"Crouch was all over me. He was definitely pulling me back and that meant I couldn't get to him.
"But don't forget, we are tiny Trinidad and Tobago and there is no way that the referee (Toru Kamikawa) was going to blow that whistle and disallow the goal."