Sunday, March 26, 2006

Ayala back for Valencia

Valencia skipper Roberto Ayala is set to make his comeback today against Sevilla.
"I am looking forward to playing again and being useful to the team," he said. "I feel good, my knee is fine and so I am just waiting for my chance.

"We will see whether I get it on Sunday, this is what I am working towards. I have made a slow, steady recuperation and now I am ready both mentally and physically.
"At the moment we are going through a delicate time and we are going through a run in which we badly need a victory.
"In the last few games some things have gone well for us and some things haven't but this is the situation when you go through this type of form. I hope we can raise our heads against Sevilla and pick up three points.
"Against Villarreal we did not do so badly and we had a good rhythm. We knew what we had to do but unfortunately the dismissal made things harder."