Sunday, June 04, 2006

Van Nistelrooy declares he's ready to quit Man Utd


Ruud van Nistelrooy has declared he's ready to quit Manchester United.
Van Nistelrooy has told his agent Roger Linse to find him a new club following his fall-out with Red Devils boss Alex Ferguson.
The Dutch striker told the News of the World: "I've told Roger I'm not interested in rumours and speculation.
"All that stuff gets into my head and I can't play with rumours on my mind.
"So I've told him that when something is really happening, when I can sign something, when there's a contract to be discussed ? that's when I'll be interested and that's when I'll make my decision."
Van Nistelrooy is hoping the World Cup can put him in the shop window.
He added: "In Germany I want to show I can play football really well, that I'm not only a goal-scoring machine ? I'm much more than that.
"That's what the Dutch coach Marco van Basten says to me every day. It will be great to show the world I can play like that.
"In the past I always thought I needed to score to say I had a good game.
"But not any more. These days, playing well is what is important and not scoring is not so important."