Thursday, June 01, 2006

Chelsea's Mourinho: Sheva deal dream come true


Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho says signing Andriy Shevchenko is a 'dream come true'.

Mourinho said: "Today is a day when the dream became reality. Andriy has always been my first choice for Chelsea since I arrived.

"Before it was not possible, now it is for real. He has great qualities, ambition, discipline, tactical awareness and of course he is a great goalscorer.

"I did not need to meet with him to convince him about Chelsea, in the same way we did not need to talk a lot about why I wanted him. Everybody knows him as a player, tactically he can play in the Chelsea system no doubt.

"Milan is a big club, a great club, but for him to leave Milan for Chelsea is a big statement about where Chelsea is.

"He is a champion and he is joining a team of champions. I have already spoken to some of our players and they are looking forward to playing with him. Great players want to play with other great players."