Monday, May 29, 2006

Juventus coach Capello drops Real Madrid bombshell


Juventus coach Fabio Capello has dropped a bombshell, admitting talks with Real Madrid representatives over the weekend.

Predrag Mijatovic, representing Real presidential candidate Ramon Calderon, held talks with Capello in Sicily about a return to Madrid for next season.
Capello admitted today: "It's true. They came here representing the presidential candidate Calderon, but I have only listened, without agreeing anything.
"I know that Real Madrid is interested in me and also (ex-Roma chief) Franco Baldini and it isn't the first time they've tried for me.
"In February, I had contact with Florentino Perez, but I have always repeated to all that I am happy as trainer of Juventus. And this is what I have said also to other clubs, because Real Madrid is not the only one that has tried for me."