Friday, May 19, 2006

Drogba wants out of Chelsea


Didier Drogba has openly declared he wants to quit Chelsea.

Ivory Coast striker Drogba claims he has been driven out of the Premiership by fans labelling him a cheat.
Drogba, 28, said: "It's not a joke. I want to move on and avoid all the pressure and scandals here.
"Those things hurt my feelings. I want a place I can play freely without any drawbacks.
"You should know what a player goes through with so much pressure."
Drogba, who cost £24million from Marseille two years ago, is set to be replaced by £22m Corinthians star Carlos Tevez.
Lyon are also keen to sign the player, who could even end up going to AC Milan as part of a deal to bring Andriy Shevchenko to Stamford Bridge.
Drogba would prefer the Italian option, declaring: "I admire AC Milan. But anywhere I go, the Champions League will be there waiting for me."