Friday, May 19, 2006

Henry: I'm staying at Arsenal


Arsenal captain Thierry Henry has pledged his future to Arsenal after accepting terms on a four-year contract.

Henry, 28, told The Sun: "I hope to stay for as long as I can keep running.
"I could not face leaving the fans. They are like my family."
Arsenal's battling display in Wednesday's Champions League final defeat to Barcelona made up Henry's mind.
Henry added: "My team showed me I didn't have to leave. They showed me they had heart.
"Everything was up in the air for a very long time. But at the end of the day, the team raised their game.
"Don't get me wrong. I love Barcelona.
"But on Wednesday night, Arsenal showed me they had heart.
"After we lost on Wednesday, I went over to our fans and clapped them and they clapped me.
"I hope to finalise all the details today."
Frantic negotiations involving Henry, his advisers and Gunners officials took place yesterday and they will continue today to finalise the contract.