Monday, May 29, 2006

Cisse slams Liverpool boss Benitez


Djibril Cisse has slammed his Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez.

Cisse, training with the France World Cup squad at Clairefontaine, said: "Mr. Houllier signed me for Liverpool but I never had the chance to work with him.
"Now I have a coach who doesn't want me. Benitez doesn't use me, so I've taken a step back.
"I don't have the confidence of the coach; he doesn't like me."
Houllier helped bring Cisse to Liverpool from Auxerre but left the club shortly before the 24-year-old signed in July 2004.
And Cisse said he was even willing to take a pay cut to join Houllier at Lyon - either on loan or in a permanent move.
"Financially, you have to make some sacrifices and I'm ready to make them," he said.
"My heart leans to Marseille, but Lyon play in the Champions League and is a more stable club."