Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Barcelona's Xavi has Arsenal in sights


Barcelona midfielder Xavi was delighted to come through his first team return on Saturday without any ill effects.
The Spain international saw action for the first time in five months as a second-half substitute in the 1-0 win over Cadiz and now has the Champions League final and World Cup in his sights.
Asked about the incredible welcome the Nou Camp crowd gave him, Xavi told DiarioSport: "I do not have words. I was touched. I almost cried.
"I've never experienced anything like it. Thanks to everyone for their affection. I will never forget it."
On how his knee held up, Xavi said: "It felt good. The knee responded perfectly. The truth is I was nervous and entered the game when Cadiz was dominant. I would have liked more touches of the ball. But I'm happy."
He added: "I want to fulfill all my goals and I still have time. I want to play in the Liga, the Champions League and the World Cup. I want to be part of the Paris final."