Thursday, May 18, 2006

Chelsea use Del Horno to land Real Madrid star Roberto Carlos


Chelsea are ready to send left-back Asier del Horno back to Spain in a swap for Real Madrid superstar Roberto Carlos.

The Sun says Real have been told they must pay £3million and hand over the £3m-rated Brazilian left-back to land Del Horno.
Carlos, 33, has confirmed he is on the verge of agreeing a move to Stamford Bridge after being offered a two-year contract.
And £8million buy Del Horno, 25, is making it clear he will not fight to stay in England, having been stunned by the Blues' pursuit of the South American veteran.
The Spanish defender said: "It has left me surprised. I don't know if I will leave. That's for the people at Chelsea.
"What I can say is it's an honour that Madrid could be interested in me. They're a great team and everyone would like to play for them. They're a giant and just the thought of playing there makes me happy."