Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Villa chairman targets Curbs, O'Neill


Aston Villa chairman Doug Ellis is reportedly seeking talks with Alan Curbishley and Martin O'Neill.

The Evening Mail says Ellis looks increasingly likely to pull the plug on the Irishman's three-year reign and offer him £1.7million - a year's salary - to go.
Former Celtic boss O'Neill's name is believed to be at the top of Ellis' wish-list, but Curbishley's availability after the announcement that he will be leaving Charlton next week after a 15-year-reign has also thrown him into the mix.
Former Villa player Curbishley admits he is in no rush to return to management. He said: "I don't know what the future holds but I am looking forward to a bit of a break.
"I went straight from playing in management and it has been non-stop, so that's my main aim - to recharge myself. Then we will see what happens then but I have no immediate plans, that's for sure."