Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Angel tells Villa: O'Leary or me


Aston Villa striker Juan Pablo Angel has hinted he will only stay at the Premiership club if manager David O'Leary goes.

Villa chairman Doug Ellis is already considering the future of his manager after a disastrous campaign.
O'Leary's strugglers are languishing in 16th place in the table with their worst-ever Premiership points haul of just 39.
Now Angel has poured fuel on the fire by insisting: "I'm not going to talk about my situation but I think they know what to do to change things round.
"We can't afford to have another season like this. I'm sure they're already taking care of the situation for next season and, hopefully, there will be some changes."
Significantly, Angel left out the name of O'Leary as he added: "We need to get the balance right and it's down to everyone who works for the club, from the directors to the players.
"It's not been good enough. We've conceded too many goals and we haven't scored enough."