Thursday, May 18, 2006

Spurs chief delighted with Berbatov capture


Bayer Leverkusen striker Dimitar Berbatov has confirmed he's joining Tottenham.
Tottenham have agreed a fee of £10.9m for the Bulgarian, who has agreed personal terms and will sign on 1 July, subject to being granted a work permit.

"I've watched Spurs for a couple of months, how they play and have grown, and I hope to do something special here," the 25-year-old told BBC Sport.
"They tried to buy me in January but they (Leverkusen) said no. Spurs waited and have now signed me."
The Bulgaria international added: "I came here to try to do my best with guys in the team. It's a team sport and I'm looking forward to trying."
Spurs' sporting director Damien Comolli added: "There were a number of clubs interested in signing Dimitar, clubs from France, Spain and the Premiership.
"We are delighted he has chosen to join us. He is a tall, skilful, highly-talented striker who not only has a proven track record of being able to finish, but also of creating scoring opportunities for team-mates."