Sunday, April 23, 2006

Barcelona's Xavi aims for World Cup


Xavi has revealed he could play for Barcelona before the end of this season.

The midfielder is almost fully recovered from a knee injury and said: "It will be too soon for me to play against Sevilla but for the week after I will need to talk with the trainer and maybe I will be able to play part of it.
"If everything goes well and there are no set-backs then I should be fit for the World Cup and I hope to play some games before the end of the season including the Champions League final if we make it there.
"In the league I am of the opinion that it is better to win the title as soon as possible but also it would be nice to win it at home. Last year we were champions away from home and it is not the same. It would be fantastic to do it at the Nou Camp."