Friday, April 28, 2006

Chelsea boss Mourinho no Scolari fan


Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho admits he's no fan of prospective England boss Phil Scolari.

The two butted heads while Mourinho was in charge of Porto and he told The Sun: "I haven't spoken to him and he has the right to continue not talking to me.
"He doesn't have to and I wouldn't like him to. I didn't bother him a lot. But I continue to think the same things.
"He didn't watch the Porto players. If he thinks what he does is enough and is successful that way . . . everyone has their own way of working.
"If I were coach of Portugal I would pick up the phone and call coaches of clubs for permission to go and watch them train during the week. I'm sure they would agree.
"Here, I send an assistant to watch the English national team.
"If I were in Scolari's place I would want to go to Milan to watch Figo or go wherever, so that my work could become multi-faceted so that I can have something to add. "