Thursday, April 27, 2006

Zidane wants to stay involved with Real Madrid


One piece of good news for Real Madrid fans yesterday was Zinedine Zidane's confirmation that he will remain with the club when he hangs up his boots after the World Cup.

The French great's media conference yesterday was attended by 150 accredited journalists and after confirming his retirement plans, Zidane spoke of his intentions to continue working for Real.
He said: "I would like to continue with Real Madrid. I have spoken with the president and there is a project that we have with the children. It still has not been developed, but I am thinking about it and if there's an opportunity I would like to be involved.
"I spoke with Florentino (Perez) and the new one (resigned president Fernando Martin) about my future and there are several projects I am considering.
"It'll be more than an ambassador's role. I want to coach, but not with the first team. I want to pass on my experience and knowledge to the juniors."
Zidane added: "I will be staying in Madrid, I don't know if it will be for the rest of my life, but I will stay."