Friday, April 28, 2006

Reid set to snub Man Utd for Blackburn deal


Blackburn midfielder Steven Reid, reportedly a summer target for Manchester United, is poised to commit his future to Ewood Park.

A few weeks ago, the 25-year-old entered into negotiations with Rovers over a new contract after earlier this year switching to a new agent in former United and Blackburn defender Kevin Moran.
Republic of Ireland international Reid, who has enjoyed his best season this term since turning professional, said: "There has been progress.
"Negotiations have started and we are still talking, but it is all looking positive, really good. We're very close.
"Kevin's doing a good job for me. Hopefully it won't be long until things are resolved and then I can look forward to my future with Blackburn.
"I'm really enjoying my time here and hopefully that will continue for at least the next four years."