Friday, April 28, 2006

Eto'o: I don't give a s*** about Arsenal's Henry


Barcelona ace Samuel Eto'o has scoffed at the prospect of facing Arsenal star Thierry Henry in the Champions League final.
When asked about going head-to-head with Henry in the Stade de France on May 17, he said: "Why should I care if he's in the final?

"I couldn't care less. In fact, I couldn't give a s**t."
Eto'o also claimed Arsene Wenger's team were lucky to be in the Paris final.
He reckons it should have been an all-Spanish tie with Ronaldinho and Co taking on Villarreal.
Eto'o - a Gunners transfer target when at Mallorca - says the North London side only held on by the skin of their teeth. He claimed: "I think that Villarreal just lacked luck against Arsenal.
"Football can be so unfair and on Tuesday it was not fair on Villarreal. With any luck at all they would have gone through and Arsenal would have gone out.
"Arsenal played their game and I suppose they merit being in Paris simply for the fact that they rode their luck.
"I don't know if both teams are as attacking as one another.
"All I know is that Barcelona is the team which has scored the most goals in the Champions League and Arsenal is the side which has conceded the fewest.
"So perhaps it will be a beautiful game but it will be a hard one. We need to look for ways to break them down and score.
"For us it is everything to be in the Champions League final, to the extent that I'd say any footballer in the world would pay to be there.
"Now that we have qualified we really have to go for it and try and bring the Cup back to the Camp Nou."