Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Carvalho admits unhappiness at Chelsea


Ricardo Carvalho admits he's unsettled at Chelsea.
The Portuguese defender has been dropped from two of the last four games and is being linked with Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona.
Carvalho, 27, said: "I'm clearly not happy at being left out of the side, and people are bound to talk.

"There is a lot of speculation as I have not played in Chelsea's last few games, even though the team has been winning.
"It is good to know that I've got big clubs interested in me. I don't want to say whether I want to continue with Chelsea or not - it would not be to my benefit to do so.
"Unfortunately, we didn't manage to get into the FA Cup final. It is a trophy we didn't win last year, so it was important for us - especially as we were no longer in the Champions League. We've got the league title to win and the FA Cup was important as well but things did not go well for us.
"Now we have to win the Premiership and not think things will go badly. We are only human and things don't always go exactly as we want them to. We didn't manage to go far in the Champions League but I can't explain why.
"It was important for us to win more trophies. But it's not been possible for us this season.
"I think we have the capabilities to do better next year. Our main aim has been to win the English title and I believe we will do it."