Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Robson: West Brom won't have to sell Davies


Bryan Robson says relegation would not force him to sell Curtis Davies or any of his other West Brom stars - but admits "everyone has a price".

The Baggies chief said: "The likes of Kuszczak, Davies, Chaplow, Kamara and Ellington are all young lads who haven't played a lot of Premiership football before this season and I can see improvement in them already.
"They would become even better players if we stayed in the Premiership and you don't want them to be set back for a year.
"Do I fear losing them if go down? There is no problem with that. They are all tied up on long-term contracts.
"What I will say is everyone has got a price - but it will have to be a big price for any of those players for me to let the kids go because I am trying to build a better team.
"I would not be under pressure to sell anyone. We haven't got to get rid of anyone if we do go down."