Saturday, April 01, 2006

Emre considering Newcastle exit


Emre admits he's considering his future at Newcastle United.

"Maybe for my first year, it has been a bit difficult both for me and the team," Emre said. "Maybe I will be here next season, 70 or 80% I will be here, because I have a five-year contract.
"I am not going to say I want to go because I do not have other possibilities. I am happy here. Of course I need to see who the next manager is. I don't want to say too much as we have another seven important games."
The Turkey international midfielder added: "When I joined Newcastle, I thought we could finish in the top six or even qualify for the Champions League.
"That is how I felt when I arrived. Now it is really difficult. Now it's impossible. But I am happy when I am in the team and I am happy in the dressing room and in the street. But in the summer, I want to think about my future for next season."