Saturday, April 01, 2006

Henry: Arsenal future decided before World Cup


Arsenal captain Thierry Henry says he'll decided his future before the World Cup.

The 28-year-old's deal runs out next summer and Henry has been linked with moves to Barcelona and Real Madrid.
"At the end of the season we are going to have to take a decision. It will be done before the World Cup, that's for sure," said Henry.
"My main concern right now is to finish in the top four and concentrate on winning the Champions League."
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger backed Henry's decision on the timing of an announcement and said he believes the Frenchman will stay at the club.
"He said many times he is ambitious and wants to part of an ambitious club and I feel that we are one," said Wenger.
"I have no deadline. I don't think it would be good for him to wait until after the World Cup although it would be less disturbing for him than me."