Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Inzaghi: Magical night for AC Milan


Pippo Inzaghi described last night's two-goal performance against Lyon as "magical".
The AC Milan striker again starred in their Champions League triumph over the French champs and said: "It was just a magical night, I can't believe it!

"I'm going to enjoy it now and I think I've earned the right to celebrate, as I've had some very tough times recently. I dedicate the goals to my brother, whose birthday it is tomorrow."
The record-breaking hitman has been on stunning form since recovering from the latest in a catalogue of injuries.
"I've always said that the most reassuring thing was that with every game I improved. I can't help but be happy to have scored so many goals after such bad injuries, but this club charges me up with its atmosphere and its attitude. This is a team that puts me in the ideal position to score and it's great to be fit again."
Inzaghi is surely now a contender for a place in Italy's World Cup squad, especially after he pushed Milan teammate Alberto Gilardino on to the bench.
"It's very pleasing that people are saying such things about me. All I can do is try to stay in this form, even if that won't be easy, but at least I am not feeling pain in training anymore since I came back in October."