Saturday, April 08, 2006

Jose: Bird 'flu scares me more


Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho says he is more concerned about bird 'flu than the threat of Manchester United overtaking his side in the title race.
The Blues boss provoked laughter at his pre-match press conference but he was trying to put the battle with The Red Devils in perspective.
It seems clear the former Porto chief has no intention of becoming embroiled in mind games and feeling any pressure exerted from wily United manager Sir Alex Ferguson.
"Mind games? No, for me pressure is bird 'flu," he said on Sky Sports News.
"I'm serious.
"I'm feeling a lot of pressure with the swan in Scotland.
"You're laughing but I'm serious - it's not far.
"I'm more scared of the swan than football. What is football compared to life?
"A swan with bird 'flu. For me, that's the drama of the last two days."
Chelsea face West Ham on Sunday before Manchester United tackle Arsenal, with both games live on Sky Sports 1.