Friday, April 21, 2006

Scholes: 3 years left for me at Man Utd


Former England midfielder Paul Scholes has vowed to see out the remaining three years of his contract with Manchester United.
Scholes has been sidelined for the second half of the current season by an eye problem he admits may leave him with permanent blurred vision.

"I have three years left on my contract and I want to stay at United for that length of time," Scholes told Century FM.
"The blurred vision has not completely gone yet but it has been four months now, so I am not sure it will be completely normal.
"Obviously, it is not perfect if one of your eyes is not 100% but I have played some football in training and I should be okay to start playing again."
A small vein was blocked behind Scholes' right eye and the 31-year-old was ordered to take a complete rest.
"I don't really know why it happened. Apparently, it is something quite rare in people my age," he said. "Unfortunately, it has happened to me and I just have to get on with it."
"My aim now is for next season," he said. "As long as I am ready for then I will be happy.
"I was a bit worried but it has been more frustrating than anything else because, while as a footballer you expect to pull muscles, this was something completely different.
"I never really thought I had played my last game or anything like that. I was just focussed on getting it right and the sooner I could get back the better."