Sunday, April 02, 2006

West Brom's Robson: Relegation won't mean player sale



West Brom boss Bryan Robson insists he won't need to sell his best players should they be relegated.
He told PA Sport: "If we go down, I would not be under pressure to sell anyone. We haven't got to get rid of anyone if that happens.

"Do I fear losing them if we go down? There is no problem with that. They are all tied up on long-term contracts.
"Of course, what I will say is everyone has got a price but it will have to be a big, big price for any of those players for me to let the kids go because I am trying to build a better team.
"You look at them and Kuszczak is 23, Davies is 20, Chaplow is 20, Carter is 22, Kamara and Ellington are also young lads and all of them haven't really played a lot of football in the Premier League.
"You look at them and think 'if they can establish themselves in the Premier League, they will definitely improve as players.'
"I can see improvement in them already but we don't want to be set back for a year by going down. We want to keep improving by staying in the Premier League and that will help them to become better players and good for the future of West Brom."