Friday, April 21, 2006

Adriano backs away from Inter Milan blast


Inter Milan striker Adriano insists his controversial interview this week has been blown out of proportion.
He misunderstood what I was saying," Adriano said in a media conference arranged by the club on Thursday.

"I'm not saying that I didn't give the interview, but it was just a conversation that two friends would have. I got a few things off my chest and perhaps I wasn't able to keep certain things to myself.
"The person who interviewed me misunderstood, they badly interpreted my thoughts. He believed that I wanted to leave.
"I never said that I wanted to leave Inter because I'm unhappy here. All I said was that I would be ready to go if the fans no longer wanted me at the club."
Adriano has endured a testing couple of months at the San Siro in which he has been blamed by critics and by some teammates for the outfit's lack of success.
"All I said is that the problems which have come out into the public domain have appeared because we are not winning," he continued.
"The arguments in the changing room are also as a result of that."