Friday, April 21, 2006

Liverpool No1 Reina slams Chelsea pair Drogba, Robben


Liverpool goalkeeper Jose Reina has slammed Chelsea stars Arjen Robben and Didier Drogba over their diving antics.
There has been a simmering feud between Liverpool and Chelsea since Kop keeper Reina was shown a red card for clashing with Robben at Stamford Bridge in February.

Reina told The Sun: "I have never play-acted to get a rival sent off. I'll be coming up against Robben again but I won't do what I did last time. I won't lash out, I'll be calmer.
"He disappointed me a lot and his behaviour left a lot to be desired.
"But I learnt from that mistake. The only consolation is that everybody was on my side and got stuck into Robben."
Reina's comments will enrage Chelsea ahead of their FA Cup semi-final at Old Trafford tomorrow.
The Reds were furious at how easily Robben went to ground after a shove in the neck from Reina. Drogba has also been slammed from all quarters for admitting he is happy to bend the rules to his own ends.
Reina added: "He's already confessed he makes the most of every opportunity he gets - legally or otherwise. Rivals like him are not easy. You can't only pay attention to usual things."