Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Man City boss Pearce expects small transfer kitty


Stuart Pearce is resigned to receiving a smaller transfer kitty than he feels is required for Manchester City to compete at the top level.

The Blues boss has already stated his belief that the £21million loss of Shaun Wright-Phillips to Chelsea cost City the chance to push for a UEFA Cup spot this term.
Pearce said: "There is money to spend but if you are asking me whether it is multi-millions the answer is 'no'.
"It would be nice to have a shopping list I can point to and say 'these players will enhance us, it doesn't matter what the price is, we need them'.
Unfortunately, just as it is at most other clubs, that is not the case.
"But screaming and stamping my feet will not make money appear from nowhere. I just have to work to the parameters I have been set."