Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Chelsea signing Ballack: I rejected Man Utd


Germany midfielder Michael Ballack snubbed Manchester United because Chelsea are a "stronger team" with better prospects.

That was the message from the Germany captain as he signed a three-year contract at Stamford Bridge on Monday.
Ballack, 29, said: "Manchester United came in quite early for me but I saw the possibility of Chelsea being much greater. They are the stronger team.
"I analysed Chelsea's aims over the coming years and that attracted me.
"They have won the title for the last two years. This proves what a super team they are when you consider the competition there is in England.
"You have Liverpool, who won the Champions League last year, and Arsenal are in the final this week. It shows the strength of the Chelsea team.
"There was also the attraction of coming to London for a family man."