Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Baptista: Real Madrid now seeing my best


Real Madrid midfielder Julio Baptista says fans are now seeing his best form because coach Juan Ramon Lopez Caro is playing him in his preferred position.

Baptista was being played wide left until being switched to a more central role in recent games and he told AS: "I want to show my best form.
"But I'm only able to do so now because the coach is playing me in my preferred role. In central midfield, I can help my team much more."
Of his penalty winner against Osasuna on Sunday, Baptista revealed: "I think I have the measure of (Osasuna goalkeeper) Ricardo.
"I scored four past him when he was with Racing Santander and I was playing for Sevilla. In that game I scored a similar penalty, but struck it lower. On Sunday I did not want to go too high - I went for an average height and was able to beat him well."