Monday, May 01, 2006

Juventus target Gerrard committed to Liverpool - and Rafa


Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has committed his future to the club and manager Rafa Benitez.
Juventus have made enquiries about Gerrard, but the England ace declared: "I've been quite successful and things are going well, but I want more trophies and winners' medals and I believe I will achieve that with Liverpool.

"It was a big decision to stay at Liverpool, but I made that decision on the basis that I felt we had the right manager in charge in Rafa Benitez and I haven't regretted that for a moment.
"I believe in him and have full confidence in him. I know I can achieve my ambitions at Liverpool. There's only one thing missing from my collection and that's The Premiership. That's the one I badly want and I know the fans do too but that doesn't mean I don't want others. I'm very greedy for trophies.
"Chelsea are a fantastic team and then you also have Manchester United and Arsenal, so winning the Premiership is going to be really difficult but we have a hungry manager and a hungry set of players and I know Rafa is going to strengthen in the summer.
"I think if you look at the points gap last year and you look at it this year we are a lot closer. That makes me know we can have a go at the league in the next couple of seasons and we feel we can really achieve our objectives in the coming years."