Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Man Utd's Rooney upbeat over injury


Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney won't give up hope of making England's World Cup squad.

Rooney, 20, broke a bone in his foot against Chelsea and, although he is likely to miss England's group games, he could be fit for the latter stages.
"You've just got to get on with it and be positive," Rooney told MUTV.
"But I'm in great hands at United and I know with the physio team I've got behind me here that they'll be able to give me the best possible chance."
Rooney broke a metatarsal bone in his right foot when he was tackled by Paulo Ferreira during Saturday's 3-0 defeat by Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
"I'm obviously devastated to have broken my foot at this moment in time, it really is horrible," he said.
"I'll be coming in for treatment every day and trying to give myself the best possible chance."