Sunday, May 14, 2006

Zidane: Galacticos talk split Real Madrid


Real Madrid midfielder Zinedine Zidane admits the club's galaticos policy divided the dressing room.

Zidane is spending his final days as a player at Real and admitted former president Florentino Perez's phrase to describe the squad as of "Zidanes and Pavons" split the dressing room.
"It did hurt when he said that because I was within the group. The one of Zidanes and Pavones divided the dressing room. Also the one of the galacticos. That hurt," said the French great.
Zidane, who now has a World Cup to look forward to, also revealed it was Perez who convinced him to play on this season.
"He wanted me to play on for two or three years more last summer. I told him I didn't know how long I could go on playing. I believe I've done the right thing by him."