Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Liverpool boss Benitez can't rule out Real Madrid return


Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez was tightlipped yesterday over his interest in Real Madrid captain Raul.
In Madrid to accept a top honour, Benitez was asked about Liverpool's interest in Raul: "I do not usually speak about players who are of interest - or not - to the club.


"I don't like to talk about such things. But I wouldn't be saying anything new when describing Raul as a great player."

Benitez was spotted in conversation with Real Madrid president Fernando Martin during the presentation and refused to close the door on an eventual return to the Spanish giants.

"It is the first conversation I have had with the president, it was very informal," said Benitez. "The truth is that I am still a young trainer and life is very long and you cannot know where your future will take you.

"But it is not the time for speaking of this. I have come to accept a prize which I am very thankful for and it is necessary to respect Real Madrid."