Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Dad ready to tell SWP to quit Chelsea


Ian Wright is ready to tell son Shaun Wright-Phillips to quit Chelsea at the end of this season.

The England winger has started just NINE Premiership games since his £21million move from Manchester City last summer.
And Arsenal legend Wright said: "I know how much Shaun wants to play for Chelsea. But if he has another season like this I will be telling him it's time to move on. I really want him to play and show the fans what he's got.
"Obviously he's disappointed. He knew he was going to have to bide his time, but I don't think he realised how long.
"People say to me all the time 'Why did you let him join them?' But at the end of the day he was joining the champions, just like me when I went to Arsenal.
"Hopefully he will have a role next season.
"If he doesn't, we'll have to start thinking 'What are we going to do now?' No one could blame Shaun for that.
"What's good about Shaun is that it has not affected his confidence."