Saturday, April 01, 2006

Beckham cool on coach's job


Real Madrid midfielder David Beckham says he is not concerned by the chase for the coach's job at the Bernabeu.
Ahead of the crunch clash with Barcelona on Saturday, live on Sky Sports 3, the England captain would welcome national team boss Sven Goran Eriksson with open arms but a number of names have been linked with the post.
Indeed, Real have confirmed the likes of Jose Mourinho, Rafa Benitez and Arsene Wenger are all on their hit-list.
"It honestly doesn't matter to me either way, whether it's a manager I know well or a manager I've never worked with before," explained Beckham to Sky Sports News. "Because I've had managers in the last three years I've not worked with before at any club.
"It's immaterial really.
"If, obviously, Sven gets offered the job and he gets the job, I know he's a great manager and his man-management is one of the best I've worked with.
"If he gets it, then great. If not, then the other managers that have been mentioned are top class."
Beckham has shrugged off an ankle knock and should feature in the game against runaway leaders Barca.