Thursday, April 06, 2006

Cole confirms new Man City deal close


Andy Cole has revealed he is close to agreeing a new deal with Manchester City.

The 34-year-old striker is recovering from a second knee operation and will not play again this season.
Cole, who signed a one-year deal when he arrived from Fulham, said: "The talks have gone well and it should be virtually done and dusted. I just need to get fit and come back for next season.
"The second operation has done the trick and basically sorted out what we thought the first one had done," he told the club's website. "It's disappointing that I won't play again for the rest of the season.
"I was expecting to miss about four or five weeks and be back by now - but that's the way it goes sometimes.
"Everybody's been great with me helping me get through."