Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Henry: I don't owe Arsenal anything


Thierry Henry insists he doesn't owe Arsenal anything and claims his commitment on the pitch shows how much he loves the club.

Henry, preparing to face Villarreal in the semi-final of the Champions League on Wednesday night, has one year left on his current deal but has not yet committed himself to a long-term contract.
That reluctance has sparked intense speculation he will quit Highbury in the summer.
However, his steadfast refusal to give any indication towards his future plans was finally shaken: "Who do I owe, and for what?" retorted a stunned Henry when quizzed as to whether he felt he owed anything to the fans to provide them with an answer.
"Don't you see my commitment on the pitch? I think you can see it.
"I'm a human being like you are and need time to take my decision, that's all. I don't think about the word owe. I owe something to my Dad, yes, who put me on this planet.
"We are here talking about the semi-final and we are here to talk about a great opportunity for the club. I think sometimes it's a bit of a shame that people single me out and try to speak about other stuff."