Saturday, April 22, 2006

Pires: Henry and I haven't decided Arsenal futures


Robert Pires insists both he and Thierry Henry haven't made a decision about whether they'll be with Arsenal next season.

"I haven't made any decisions yet and I don't think Thierry has either," said Pires, who has contract offers from numerous European clubs, most notably Villarreal. "Before thinking about a Pires or an Henry, I think we should remain truly concentrated on our task. It's not about thinking where Arsenal will be in July, you can't, it's about remaining focused on this season, which might end soon."
Pires admits that the experience of Patrick Vieira, who quit Arsenal for Juventus last year, gives him food for thought. "Looking at what's happened to Patrick since he left doesn't scare me but it gives me something to think about - a deeper reflection," said Pires. "For Patrick it has been a bit of a delicate season with Juventus, even if they are going to be champions of Italy, a club of that stature has to win the Champions League."