Monday, April 03, 2006

Real Madrid's Beckham reveals OCD


Real Madrid star David Beckham admits he has obsessive compulsive disorder.

In a television interview to be screened before the World Cup this summer, Beckham says he has tried to break his cycle of repetitive behaviour but cannot stop.
In the interview, to be broadcast on ITV1, he said: "I've got this obsessive compulsive disorder where I have to have everything in a straight line or everything has to be in pairs. I'll put my Pepsi cans in the fridge and if there's one too many then I'll put it in another cupboard somewhere.
"I'll go into a hotel room and before I can relax, I have to move all the leaflets and all the books and put them in a drawer. Everything has to be perfect."
Asked if he wanted to stop his obsessive behaviour, he said: "I would like to. I've tried and can't stop."
Beckham admitted he was also addicted to having tattoos, partly because he enjoys the pain.
The England captain said that his wife, Victoria, calls him a "weirdo" because of his condition.